“The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayers with tears in my eyes, and say, ‘Oh God, forgive me,’ or ‘Help me.’
– Billy Graham
Prayer is the primary work of God’s people.
Each Wednesday at 6:30pm, we invite you to gather with us for a time of encouragement in God’s Word, fellowship with one and another, and a time of prayer in our main sanctuary.
Do You Need Prayer?
Prayer is Very Important to God
The bible mentions prayer 250 times. So, why is prayer so important?
- Prayer gives us an opportunity to share all aspects of our lives with God.
- Prayer gives us the chance to express gratitude to God for the things He provides.
- Prayer allows us to confess our sins to God.
- Prayer is an act of worship and obedience to God.
- Prayer allows us to bring to God, not only our own burdens; but the burdens of our loved ones and folks in our community.
“Hear my prayer, O Lord; listen to my cry for help.” ~ Psalm 39:12
“They all joined together constantly in prayers.” ~ Acts 1:14
“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.” ~ Ephesians 6:18
“Pray continually.” ~ Thessalonians 5:17